Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday Rewind: Monday Edition

  • We had an awesome worship experience yesterday!
  • From the moment I drove on the campus I knew it was going to be an amazing day.
  • On top of a our regular service we had a wedding with a reception afterwards, and then I had a finance meeting.
  • It was a very busy but extremely productive day.
  • I wanted to give a special shout out to my beautiful bride Tami, Mary M, and Linda A. for all of their hard work this passed week.
  • You ladies inspired me this weekend with your drive to get the job done.
  • Our 21 day fast ended on Saturday so I know that people were ready to eat "regular" food.
  • This is our second year doing a church wide fast.
  • I love starting the new year off with our church wide fast.
  • A couple of the benefits I've discovered regarding a fast is that not only does it clean out our physical systems but also our spiritual systems.
  • I know that sounds simple but there are some really cool thoughts about this fact.
  • First, the health benefits of fasting are incredible. It sucks in the beginning...but after a few days you begin to see the and affects and benefits.
  • Fasting helps you begin to understand what your body really needs to operate at maximum levels.
  • I've discovered as a leader it has the same affects and benefits on my spiritual life.
  • Now a 21 day fast is nothing more than a glorified diet if you don't spend time focusing on your relationship with Jesus.
  • The spiritual benefits that I have experienced during these last 21 days have been incredible.
  • It re-ignited a passion in me to honor God with every area in my life.
  • I remember one Sunday morning where it literally felt like the cotton was taken out of my ears and I could hear God more clearly.
  • There were moments during this fast that I had to make some tough decisions for our church and without hesitation I was able to step up and make them.
  • I totally attribute this decisive action to fasting.
  • These last 21 days were a stretching, pulling, growing, re-prioritizing season but it was totally worth it!
  • DAGer's I am so proud of all of you that took the fasting and praying challenge. I know it wasn't easy but I'm sure you would tell me that it was what you needed.
  • We can't not stop here we need to keep seeking Jesus with all of our hearts, minds, and strength.
  • I believe that 2010 is going to be an unforgettable years for me, my family, and our church.
  • I think what one of the first time guest said yesterday says it all, "there's alot of potential in this place."
  • We're taking it to a whole nutha level at DAG and the Trevino household.

No comments: