Saturday, September 1, 2007

Am I Called?

Let me be transparent with ya'll. Laterly I have been really struggling whether or not I am called to plant a church. After I left the church that I was at for 4 1/2 years I wasn't sure what was going to happen but I knew that God was going to do something that I had never experience in my life.

Several months into this new season I find myself questioning my calling. I don't know if any one else has ever found themselves asking these questions;

  • Will I be a successful church planter?

  • Am I ready for this kind of responsible?

  • Will people have faith in me and my wife?

  • Will I be able to motivate the people around me?

  • Will I be able to raise the money for this vision?

  • Will our vision ever happen?
  • Do I need more time?
  • Do I need more training?
  • Will people connect to the vision?
  • Should I work with a church plant or another church for a season?

Pretty sad I know...the thing is that I know that God has called me and my wife into full time ministry. In the last couple of weeks I have had two conversations with people looking for a youth pastor. I love youth ministry...I love teenagers discovering their God ordained destiny but I sense in my spirit that I need to prepare for leading a church.

I know I shouldn't ask questions like these. I know it sounds like I don't have faith right now. But that's where I'm at...but earlier tonight I read this great blog called Be Secure in Your Calling written by Gary Lamb. It really made me remember how God called me into ministry as a teenager and reminded me that ministry has many seasons and one of them is where I am currently but I must remain faithful and secure in my calling. If you are questioning your calling YOU HAVE TO READ THIS BLOG. Thanks Gary for writing this blog it ministered to me and challenged me. For the rest of ya'll let me know what you think?

No comments: