Saturday, December 8, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!

My Vegas trip was amazing! The conference that I attended at The Church at South Las Vegas was awesome. Pastor Benny and his staff did an great job hosting conference. If you are ever in Las Vegas you got to visit The Church at South Las Vegas I promise you that you will leave with a new perspective of what church ministry is all about. I flew in a few days early to be able to experience one of the three services The Church has. I attended the 9:45am service and I was totally impressed with my whole experience. From the moment that I drove into the parking lot, to the moment I walked into their facilities, to the moment that the worship started, and finally to the moment that Pastor Benny preached blew my socks off! It was very clear that The Church worked very hard making sure that everyone that came to church had the best experienc possible. Everyone person serving had a smile on their face and genuinely welcomed every visitor with love and compassion. WOW!!!

As the service started you could feel the energy and excitement in the sanctuary. The music was rocking, the worship team and choir worshipped without care. I loved it! It was so refreshing to see a church worship Jesus with everything they got. Do you know what was really cool...Pastor Benny worshipped with everything he had. I was great seeing the Senior Pastor of one of the fastest growing churches in America relentlessly worshipping Jesus. The culture of this church is RADICAL!!!

The Sunday night service was the start of the A.R.M. Conference. The speakers for this years conference were Dr. Sam Chand, Bishop Eddie Long, Phil Cooke, and Pastor Benny Perez. Dr. Sam Chand did an amazing job teaching about leadership and preaching the Word with authority and simplicity. You got to check out his website he has some amazing material on leadership...for FREE. On Monday night Bishop Eddie Long brought the Word. I'm not joking when I say this I wept the entire time he preached. The presence of God was so thick and the Word spoken was strait to the point. Just what I needed. Tuesday was more of a workshop environment. Pastor Benny and Dr. Sam did a great job teaching on leadership. During lunch Phil Cooke spoke about culture and the church. He spoke on how the church can affect the culture around us by making simple and strategic decisions.

The entire experience were amazing! I highly recommend visiting The Church at South Las Vegas and attending the A.R.M. Conference. I promise you it will rock your socks off!!!

No comments: