Saturday, April 18, 2009

EASTER EGG HUNT 09' WAS A HUGE SUCCESS!

Sorry about the late update these last three weeks have been a little crazy. Anyway our first annual Community Wide Easter Egg Hunt was a huge success! I knew that it was going to be good but WOW it was amazing! 650 people showed up at Yahoola Creek Park on Saturday morning. Actually, people started to show up at 9:30am and by 10:15am we already had 350. By the time we started the egg hunt at 11am 350 more people showed up. At 11:02am every one of the 14,000 eggs was picked up...crazy!!!

Got to admit I was a little freaked out on Friday because of all of the rain...especially when I heard the field that we were going to use was flooded. But let me tell ya'll why I am so proud to serve our church...the people! Our folks didn't see a set back they saw an opportunity! Even though we couldn't use any of the fields at the park they immediately jumped into action and came up with plan B. I was so proud of our folks that morning.

DAGer's thank you for all of your hard work, thank you for stuffing 14,000 eggs ,thank you for loving our community, thank you for loving people on Saturday, thank you for dreaming big with me, and thank you for loving Jesus!

I got to give a special shout out to our Children's Pastor. Pastor Erica thank you for all of your hard work. Because of your servants heart families got to spend a stress free morning together. Because of your servant's heart we got to pray with many guests. Because of your servant's heart kid's lives were changed forever. Tami and I appreciate you so much...we are very proud of you.

One of the really cool things that happened before this event was the connection we made with several businesses and individuals. I want to thank all of the businesses and individuals that gave to this event. Your generously truly touched our community.

DAGer's I can't wait til next year's Easter Egg hunt. I'm thinking 20,000 eggs...more activities...and alot more people! Lumpkin County you haven't seen nothing yet...THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!

No comments: