Thursday, May 1, 2008

Building Momentum...Extreme Makeover Style!

I can't wait until tomorrow! Tomorrow will be a HUGE step forward for our church! During the month of May I will be teaching a series called Extreme Makeover: God Edition. So to start this series off I thought it would be great if we gave our church an Extreme Makeover! This Friday and Saturday the people at Dahlonega Assembly of God are going to be working hard giving our building a much needed face lift.
Last night after the service we did some prep work in the sanctuary, foyer, and hallways to get the area ready for a new paint job. Yesterday before the service I painted an area in the sanctuary to give our folks a preview of the new colors. It was like pouring gas on a fire people started crying with excitement...just joking but it was fun watching their faces as they got excited about the new colors and the opportunity to be apart of this milestone at Dahlonega Assembly of God. We'll be doing everything from painting, power washing the entire building, some landscaping, and a deep cleaning of the building. I'm praying that this Extreme Makeover will be the catalyst for inspiring change. I'm also praying that this opportunity will develop life lasting friendships. Although our goal is to give our church building a face lift, what I'm really looking forward to is just getting to know our new church family and watching the people interact and develop a sense of community.

So if you don't have anything to do this weekend come hang out with me and the peps from Dahlonega AG as we get a little dirty, a little sweating. All I ask is that you bring some work clothes, some deodorant, and a great attitude:)!

No comments: