Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Night Reflections

  • We had a great service today!
  • Pastor Blake and the worship team did a great job.
  • One of my favorite thing about being a Pastor is helping folks discover their potential and watching them use it.
  • I am so proud of our girls ministry leaders and girls they had a yard sale yesterday and did a great job.
  • Thanks ladies for working hard this weekend. I promise those girls will never forget your commitment.
  • Today I preached on one of my favorite topic...dreams!
  • I preached about how Caleb never forgot the dream that God gave him.
  • At the age of 85 Caleb made it very clear to Joshua that regardless of his age and the obstacles he was ready and willing to walk into his God given dream.
  • Too often WE give up on our dreams because of time, inexperience, obstacles, people, or lack of faith.
  • The greatest lesson we learn from the life of Caleb is that he believed with all of his heart that if God said it was possible that nothing would stop him from walking into the dream.
  • I am looking forward to the next two weeks. I will be taking a much needed speaking sabbatical.
  • Next Sunday one of my great friends, Chris Lewis, will be speaking. He and his wife are getting ready to plant a church in Conyers Georgia. Check out his blog here.
  • In two weeks we are going to be celebrating our 32 anniversary at DAG. I'm really excited about this weekend.
  • It's great to remember the past but it's much more exciting to dream of the future!
  • Finally we went to a birthday party this afternoon. I love sharing these life moments with people. It is such an honor for me and my family to share these special moments with our church families. I love pastoring DAG!!!

No comments: