Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm Back!

It's been over a month since my last post. Several people have asked me why I haven't updated my blog latey. At first, I didn't know what to say over a month ago I wrote my last post and than I just stopped. But as people continue to ask me, I started to ask myself why I haven't written lately the reality is...it wasn't a top priority.

Lately life has been crazy in the Trevino household and although I enjoy blogging my family is my top priority. Jesus, my wife and son deserve my time more than blogging does. Like I said even though I enjoy blogging sometimes it's just one "MORE" thing that I feel like I have to do.

Interestingly, I have been reading about many other Pastors and church planters echoing the same thoughts. They're reevaluating "WHY" they blog. Even though blogging has become a great way for Pastors and church planters to communicate with each other and minister to others it has become a time consumer. At it's worst it becomes a "let's see who can have the most interesting and read post." I guess what I'm trying to say is if I choose to blog I have to understand why I'm blogging and I have to learn how to priorities it among the many other more important things in my life.

From this point forward I got blogging...blogging doesn't have me. So that being said I am back!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said Pastor Gabe! Good to talk to you today! And your church website looks awesome!