Tuesday, June 9, 2009

SUNDAY REWIND


  • First I want to say Sunday was amazing! God is definitely preparing us for something HUGE!
  • With that being said the last couple of Sundays have been really humbling and interesting.
  • Let me rewind back two weeks ago.
  • It was personally one of the most tough Sundays that I have experienced in ministry.
  • I struggled and wrestled with my message the night before.
  • I had a message prepared but felt it was totally not for the morning...so I had no idea what to share.
  • I was still dealing in my head and heart with the loss of a family...
  • On top of all that we probably had our lowest attendance since we became the Senior Pastors of DAG.
  • Remember this is way before we even started our Sunday AM Worship Experience.
  • Anyway as usual we began with music but somewhere in the middle of the second song something happened...the Holy Spirit showed up!
  • During the second song I felt inspired by the Holy Spirit to read Acts 2...the story of Pentecost.
  • For the last couple of weeks I have been studying about the Holy Holidays in scripture.
  • Being Pentecost Sunday I was inspired to read the account of when the Holy Spirit invaded the lives of 120 people.
  • As I stood there reading this amazing story the Holy Spirit reminded me that when I don't know what to do or say just wait on Him and He will lead me.
  • Suddenly our worship experience went from singing to praying!
  • I realize that this is NOT very seeker friendly but honestly I don't care!!!
  • I am tired of trying to keep up with the latest terms, ideas, and methods...all I know is that I LOVE JESUS and I WANT MORE OF HIM AND LESS OF ME!!!
  • It was obvious that we needed an authentic move of His Holy Spirit and that's exactly what we got.
  • As I read Acts 2 to our church that morning I felt like the Apostle Peter speaking to the crowd.
  • There was this boldness and authoritative tone in my voice but at the same time with an encouraging overtone.
  • I wanted our church to understand that God wasn't done with Dahlonega Assembly of God!!!
  • I spoke about how the 120 people in the upper room must of felt at that moment...alone, discouraged, scared, weak, and abandoned.
  • But the moment that the Holy Spirit showed up and infused them with POWER suddenly they felt like CHAMPIONS!
  • Those 120 people were ready to take on the world and attack the gates of Hell with water guns.
  • By the way remember what happened to the folks outside...
  • When 120 people decided to move and operate in the power of the Holy Spirit 3000 people were added to the Kingdom of God that day.
  • If you want people to be attracted to your church...I dare you to move in the power of the Holy Spirit.
  • People are desperately looking for an authentic and intimate move of God.
  • I believe that our worship experiences need to have a sense of order but please leave room for the HOLY SPIRIT to move. (I'm going to write more about this in a later post)
  • Two weeks ago the Holy Spirit reminded me when we move and operate in His POWER nothing is impossible for God.
  • It was a powerful morning as we prayed and encouraged each other...I believe that we will see salvation's and spiritual and physical healings from that worship experience.
  • Right before we ended I mentioned that throughout the month of June I was going to be fasting and praying and consecrating the month June for the Lord.
  • I also mentioned that starting next Sunday night from 4pm to 6pm we were going to start having a night of prayer.
  • Let's fast forward to this past Sunday...
  • It was a great service!
  • Like many churches across the country we were starting the ONEPRAYER series.
  • I was pretty excited that I wasn't speaking and was going to be able to be fed instead of feeding:)
  • There were a couple of things that popped up that could have got me off track but I wasn't going to let it ruin the morning or our worship experience.
  • I got to say that I am so proud of our worship leader Jonnie!!! She and her husband have been amazing friends and ministry partners.
  • They are a huge blessing and encouragement to my wife and I...YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!
  • After a fantastic time in worship we had a stinkin' awesome time in prayer!
  • I don't know if it was because of the new series we were starting or the amazing service last Sunday but all I know is God is preparing us for something HUGE!
  • After spending some time in prayer it was around 11:45am when we showed the ONEPRAYER message from Craig Groeschel.
  • It was a powerful and timely message.
  • As we continued to experience God in a intimate and powerful way we needed to be reminded that God IS LOVE...it's not what He does it's WHO HE IS!
  • THAT'S POWERFUL!!!
  • I highly recommend Craig's message.
  • After our worship experience I had lunch with some of our leaders and talked about the past, present, and future of DAG.
  • It was so exciting to hear how they wanted to see God do great things with our church!
  • Afterwards we headed back to the church for our first SEEK HIM night.
  • It was a powerful time of prayer and intercession.
  • I read 2 Chronicles 7:14 and shared a little on this passage and then we dove right into it.
  • If the last two weeks is a hint of what the future holds I can't wait.
  • Let me encourage those of you who haven't been to church lately...it's time to get your butt back into church!
  • Your best days aren't behind you (no pun intended) but in front of you.
  • It would be our honor to help point you toward your DESTINY!!!
  • WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT SUNDAY!

No comments: