Sunday, May 11, 2008

SPECIAL EDITION: Mother's Day Mind Dump

For a long time Mother's Day was a really hard day for us to celebrate. For six years we tried to have a baby so during these six years every time Mother's Day rolled around it was very difficult for my wife. After the sixth year we came to the decision that if we didn't become pregnant the next year we were going to start looking into adoption. But in 2007 God blessed us with an amazing little boy and this year's Mother's Day had a whole new meaning to us.

It's almost been one year since our son was born and it has been amazing seeing my wife become the most amazing mommy! I just wanted to share with the blogger world that I have the most amazing wife in the world. I have learned so much about the love God has for us just by watching my wife love our son. I always knew my wife would be an amazing mommy. If was so much fun celebrating this year's Mother's Day! Here are some other highlights of the day;
  • This mornings service was amazing!
  • We had several first time guest this morning.
  • A couple of my former students showed up this morning at my church it was great seeing them!
  • Worhsip this morning was freakin' awesome!!! Daniel thanks so much for leading our church into God's presence this morning you did a GREAT job!
  • All our volunteers this morning this an amazing job! Thanks for serving our church and guest you guys are amazing. Thanks for step up this morning.
  • I got to give a shout out to our children's Pastor Erica. She graduated from Emmanuel College this weekend...I AM SO PROUD OF YOU ERICA!!!
  • We had lunch at Wylie's Cafe in Dahlonega Georgia and I had the best rack of ribs I have had in a LONG TIME. Do yourself a favor if you are ever in Dahlonega go to Wylie's Cafe and get the ribs!
  • Spent a relaxing afternoon with my wife, son, and in-laws.
  • I gave the moms in our church a ziplock bag of dirt for Mother's Day. I explain in a later blog.
  • Had a much needed relaxing afternoon. Relaxed by watching the Deadliest Catch marathon.
  • For dinner my father in law grilled some huge rib eye steaks!
  • What a day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunday Morning was Awesome!

I LOVE my dirt!

Anonymous said...

Okay Pastor Gabe, blog about the dirt, we missed it :)

Shelia and Heather....