Friday, March 13, 2009

UNLEASH Recap

  • I have no freakin' idea where to start...WOW!!!
  • This was our first UNLEASH and it was awesome!
  • First of all I was so jacked up that a group from our church made the time to go UNLEASH.
  • They literally took time off of work to go to with me and my wife to NEWSPRING...
  • It was an honor hanging out with them. Memories were definitely made:)
  • The #1 thing that blew me away was the PASSION of the volunteers at NEWSPRING.
  • The moment that we drove on the property we were greeted by happy and smiling faces.
  • As we got closer to the front doors the excitement increased...honestly you didn't know what to expect.
  • People were clapping, cheering, and I think that there was a lady with a bull horn announcing where people were from...CRAZY!!!
  • Everyone was so helpful and nice...imagine that people being nice at church:)
  • My wife (hey baby) was so overwhelmed that she started to cry and that's before we even got into the building.
  • Newspring volunteers thank you for making us feel welcomed...you guys are amazing!
  • I love that our folks got to see the passion that the greeters had at Newspring. I know that it inspired them to create that same kind of environment at our church.
  • Our group learned a valuable lesson in the parking lot...FIRST IMPRESSIONS REALLY DO MATTER!
  • I was so impressed with the campus at Anderson.
  • I love the main building...it had a lot of room...signs everywhere...and once again amazing volunteers everywhere. Oh yeah the coffee was amazing!
  • Sense I procrastinated on getting my tickets most of our group enjoyed the main sessions from the New Student building.
  • At first I thought I was going to miss out because we were in the student building and not in the main sanctuary but I think it was actually better.
  • We had more room to move around, the worship was great, and even though Perry wasn't in the building it felt like he was.
  • After yesterday I have come to the conclusion that Perry Noble is the most honest and effective communicator in the church today.
  • I realize that some folks had a problem with some of the things that Perry shared during the sessions but I have learned that when a Pastor who is obviously successful in reaching people says something that rubs me the wrong way I shouldn't ignore it just because it made me feel uncomfortable.
  • Here's a thought maybe that uncomfortable feeling you have just might be the Holy Spirit speaking to you...but what do I know I am just a first time Senior Pastor:)
  • During the first session Perry spoke about the "major break down between Jesus and the the church"
  • I'll blog about the detail of this session in a later post. I want to spend some time with all the info I took in during this session.
  • I really enjoyed the Q & A session with Perry. To me Q&A sessions are raw and real. They are opportunities to really see what's in a persons heart.
  • Got to give a shout out to Gary Lamb. I got to connect with him at UNLEASH. Hey Gary I'll be calling next week to schedule lunch at CHILI'S!!!
  • One of the highlights of the day was having lunch with Perry and several other Pastors.
  • I honestly don't know how we got invited to attend this lunch but it was a huge honor for me and my wife to hang out with Perry and a bunch of amazing Pastors.
  • I also got to share a few moments with Perry...the dude really is tall:)
  • Perry thanks for listening and praying for me it meant a ton to me that you would actually take a moment to personally invest into me.
  • After lunch my wife and I walked around the campus drooling and dreaming.
  • DAGer's it time to start a REVOLUTION in Lumpkin County!!!
  • I finally had a chance to check out Fellowship One. We're currently looking for a church software system that will help us keep our info in order. If you use Fellowship one or any other kind of system let me know what you think.
  • Session 2 was amazing! Perry shared some stuff that most Pastors have a hard time saying to their leadership.
  • It is such an amazing feeling to know that the folks that were there with us have our back.
  • UNLEASH 09' was awesome I can't wait til next year!!!

No comments: