Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Great Meeting...It's time to get CRAZY!!!

Last night we had our first informational meeting. In my opinion it was a great meeting. We had 20 people total, 10 were kids and 10 were adults. Of course, I invited a lot more people than that but I had a lot of last minute cancellations. There was a special appearance by a great friend of mine that totally encouraged me. Anyway I started the meeting with a little worship. I played the only two songs I know. Afterwards I prayed and began to share my heart.

I started out by saying that logically this is the most crazy time in my life to plant a church. Easter of 2007 I resigned from our church as youth pastors, I have been out of work for the last three months, we just had a baby, I just started a new job last week and I am going to start teaching at a school next week. I said that in the last three months my life has been turned up side down. Honestly, the last three months have been painful, humbling, and lonely. I pointed out that before God moved in the lives of the people in the Bible they usually went through a season that was painful, humbling, and lonely. I said that it's when we are in this state that God usually ask us to get a little crazy with Him. Like Noah, Jonah, Abraham, David, Peter, and even Jesus. In every one of these lives there was a moment when doing what God ask them to do was crazy...logically it didn't make sense...it was risky but at the end it was totally worth getting crazy.

Last night was risky, it was humbling, it was CRAZY! At the end of the meeting I held out a bowl and towel. I said that this is what Life Revolution Church is all about. Being servants. Totally sacrificing all that we are, moving out of our comfort zone, truly learning what it means to pick up our cross and follow Jesus so that people who are disconnected, lonely, and living a mediocre life can meet Jesus as friend, Savior, and King.

Honestly, even though i shared my heart out I truly believe that may be 3 out of the 10 connected to what I was saying. Let me be totally honest with you...I just read Perry Noble's current blog entitled "Some Things I Am Celebrating". It's a great blog you got to read it. But basically he's writes about all of these great things that are happening at a bunch of different churches. Salvation's, baptisms, record breaking attendances, and hundreds of lives being changed forever. Believe me I am totally pumped up about what God is doing in these places but I am so desperate to see God move like this in my community. So being human I started to compare myself to these pastors and ministries. I started to think how the meeting went last night. That's why I said that I believe that maybe 3 out of the 10 people connected to what I shared last night. After sharing this insecure moment with my amazing wife she reminded me that God doesn't want me or our ministry to be a carbon copy of anyone else. Logically I know this but sometimes in our desperation logical goes out the window and fear and insecurity try to move in. Thank God for my wife...you got to have somebody that you trust that can kick you in the butt to snap you back into reality.

The reality is even if we have only 3 people that connected to the vision that we shared last night then it's time to get CRAZY! Even if we have only 1 person that connected to the vision we shared last night it's time to get CRAZY! As I sit here and write this blog I'm realizing that only thing that is keeping me back from get crazy and dreaming big is...ME. It's time to get CRAZY and move forward and start a LIFE REVOLUTION in Cumming Georgia!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Any meeting that you don't get lynched at is a resounding success in a new plant.

Actually, if those three connect with you, you are way ahead of the game. Jesus shook the world with 12 and one of those was a devil.

If you can pour your heart and vision into 3 and they run with it, then you have multiplied your effectiveness by 3. Laying foundations in the "small beginnings" is how you wind up with large results.