Friday, February 15, 2008

Just wondering...

I was just wandering if I'm the only person in the freakin' world that when I start reading my bible something or someone seems to always distract me from reading. No joke every time I open my bible something happens. Let me be honest it is a struggle for me to sit down and read my bible. I wish I was like some of ya'll that could read book after book but I got to work hard just to read my bible. I literally have to separate myself from everyone and almost everything....total separation...just to be able to focus and read. I know this doesn't said very spiritual or pastoral but it's the truth.

On top of fighting off distractions I have to deal with dyslexia. No it's not an eating disorder...if you knew me you would know that's not my problem:). Dyslexia is a learning disorder. There are many forms of dyslexia my issue is that when I read the words get all scrabbled up. It effects that way I read and write. I really get tripped up with numbers. It's so stinkin' weird. So it take me a little longer to read through a book.

So that's why I have to separate myself and focus really hard when I am reading my bible or for that matter any book. If you have any reading habits that you use and think would help me please share. I NEED PLEH...i mean your "HELP"!!!:)

No comments: