Saturday, February 9, 2008

Where am I going to church tomorrow?

On Easter 2007 I resigned from Christ Community Church in Cumming Georgia. I served at CCC for 4 1/2 years. I am very greatful for the time that I served there. I was very blessed to learn and work with an amazing Senior Pastor. Since my exit my wife and I haven't really been actively attending ONE church. Although, when we are not visiting a church we attend The Life Church. Let me give them a quick plug.

If you are ever in Cumming Georgia on a Sunday morning you have to visit Pastor Hal & Sondra at The Life Church. I promise you that you'll love it! They are two of the most amazing and authentic persons I have ever met. They have always welcomed me and my family with open arms and a smile. I have personally have been to their home and hung out with them. I guess what I am saying is if the Pastors are like this you can bet that they church is like this. Real, welcoming, and loving. You won't be disappointed.

Anyway whenever we aren't at The Life Church we have been visiting different churches. You see, I honesty don't know where God is going to take us. I know that a change is coming. Ever since I resigned the Lord has been encouraging me to prepare and learn. So that's what I have been doing. I have been reading my bible, reading books, setting meetings with Pastors who have been thinking out side the box and making a real impact in their communities, and of course visiting churches. So tomorrow my family and I will be visiting Embassy Metro Church. A good friend of mine, Ross Wiseman, is the lead pastor of this church. I spoke to him today he was excited about hanging out with them tomorrow. From what I hear they are doing some amazing and crazy things in Woodstock Georgia and the surrounding area. I'll let you know how it was tomorrow. Until then check out his blog and church website.

No comments: