Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Mind Dump

  • WHAT AN INCREDIBLE WEEKEND!!!
  • I'm a little sore from the softball game last night but it's totally worth it. We had our monthly family fun night at Yahoola Park in Dahlonega and the adults (aka-senior crizitens) BEAT the teenagers 19-18:) more about this later.
  • On Friday and Saturday me, my wife, and several people from our church attened the Georgia Assemblies of God annual Church Ministries Conference in Griffin Georgia .
  • It was the best church ministries conference I have ever attended!
  • One highlight that's worth mentioning is my wife and I got to spend some much needed time with the people from our church. Friday night we had a blast at IHOP. It was so much fun to hear stories and see a side of them that we have not seen yet.
  • The second highlight was that I got to sit in a pastoral round table with the Senior Pastor of First Assembly Griffin Randy Valimont and several other high caliber Pastors from around the state. I truely felt like the mule at the Kentucky Derby.
  • I'll share more about the conference later this week when I finish downloading everything I took in.
  • yesterday was an AMAZING DAY!
  • for a while now I have been singing on the worship team but yesterday I sat back and worshipped from the pews.
  • Pastor Blake, Chad, and the rest of the worship team did a great job leading us in worship.
  • did I really say yesterday was amazing?
  • from the moment that I drove on our church campus I knew God was up to something.
  • We had several first time guest yesterday.
  • On top of that we had a great attendance.
  • Yesterday I spoke about Being Strong.
  • We looked at the story of Joshua in Joshua 1:1-9. I said that as Joshua stood at the edge of the Jordan and looked across the river into the unknown he had to BE STRONG to inherit the promises of God.
  • People responded very well to the message.
  • Several people stood up and declared that they were going to BE STRONG as they move forward in life.
  • After the message I shared with our church some strategic and exciting opportunities that were in front of us.
  • In the next several weeks we are going to start making some much needed repairs and upgrades to our current facilities.
  • Everything from a new roof, a new church sign, painting our building, updating our bathrooms, a new website, creating a new kids ministry area, and much more!
  • The next several weeks and months are going to be a exciting around DAG!
  • DAGer's thank you so much for being faithful in your giving and serving. Because of your prayers and faithfulness we are going to be able to improvement our current facilities and create a place where people can CONNECT TO GOD, BECOME LIKE JESUS, & INFLUENCE THE WORLD!
  • another opportunity that I shared with our church was the opportunity to help establish a Spanish Assembly of God church in Dahlonega. Starting soon we will be having a Spanish church meeting in our building on Tuesday nights and Sunday nights. We are partnering with another Spanish church to make this happen.
  • For a while now I have been praying about how we could minister to the hispanic community in Dahlonega and then this opportunity presented itself. All I got to say it has Jesus written all over it! I let you know later when they will begin to have services.
  • Sorry about the long mind dump but as you can tell it was a very busy weekend.
  • God is so faithful I can't wait to see what He does this Wednesday and next Sunday!!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hi! I came here via an "Assembly of God" search. I like your post titles "Monday Mind Dump". Most Pastor's should have this outlet! LOL (BTW I'm an A/G Pastor's wife in Indiana.)

I'd also like to invite you to join the Assembly of God Blogs network! You can find more info. by going to my profile or you can go straight to the network site by going to http://assemblyofgodblogs.blogspot.com

Blessings!
~Sharon~