Monday, March 31, 2008

DAY ONE: 21/21 Challenge

On Sunday I challenged my church and myself to read the bible for the next 21 days for 21 minutes. I"ll share with ya'll the whole 21/21 challenge on a later blog. Anyways during my lunch break I cracked open my bible and began to read in the book of Nehemiah. I read from chapter 1 to chapter 3. I am so jacked up about the 21/21 Challenge. I am anticipating at the end of this challenge God is going to do something supernatural in our church. So until then I thought I would share some highlights with ya'll along the 21 day journey.


  • instead of responsing to the destruction of Judah in his own human ability Nehemiah spent days dealing with the loss and (here's the part we miss) looked for direction and a plan from God not himself. Ouch!!!

  • it was very clear that Nehemiah loved Judah. when was the last time we wept over our communities?

  • God gave Nehemiah favor with the king. this is huge if Nehemiah didn't have divine favor that would have been the end of Nehemiah's story. When we start walking and living in God's plan it will blow our minds how doors, windows, and the garage door all opens at the same time.

  • the community (God's people) came together to rebuild the community. this is what I want to see in Dahlonega Georgia.

  • Nehemiah ignored the critics. On the way to his purpose Nehemiah was already taking hits from the critics and how did he handle them...he ignored them...NICE!

No comments: