Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Mind Dump

  • WHAT A DAY!
  • It was great seeing several new faces in the crowd.
  • On top of that it felt like our regular people were so jacked up about being at church.
  • The worship team did a fantastic job!
  • Even though we still lack some worship team members, every week our guys sing and play their hearts out. Thanks worship team ya'll are amazing!
  • For the last several Sundays we have been late starting our 10:30am worship experience on time. But thanks to David we did a lot better today.
  • Thanks David I really appreciate your help with keeping things moving forward.
  • All the walls are finally painted in our Kid's church. It looks so stinkin' cool! PE you rock! Thank you so much for everything you and your team have done.
  • We still have a lot more to get done and honestly it's an overwhelming task. We need more help, time, and money but we want to create an environment where our kids can become life long followers of Christ. So no short cuts only the best for our kids and teenagers.
  • I continued our February series called God's Game Plan.
  • Even though it had a football theme/feel to it, today was a pre-service for Missions Worship Experience next Sunday.
  • I guess the best part of today was when I shared the DREAM OUT LOUD CHALLENGE! I'll share more on this in a later post. Let me just say I believe this verse with all of my heart.
  • I finally started the process of looking for a new Associate Pastor that will pastor our teenagers. Please pray for me I don't want to rush into this just because I need the help. I need a person or couple that is passionate about student ministry.
  • After our 10:30am worship experience we had a Council of Achievement Ceremony for our boys who participate in our Royal Rangers ministry.
  • As always the food was great and the fellowship was wonderful.
  • I was so proud of our boys as each of them went up to the front to receive their awards.
  • I just want to give a quick shout out to Mike Cowan and the Ranger leaders for doing a great job today and for serving with all of your hearts. Thank you for giving our boys your best.
  • Finally, I had a blast hanging out with some of our students tonight. We went to WinterJam 09' at the Arena at Gwinnett Center. It was freakin' awesome!
  • All I got to say is Toby Mac is still the man!!!
  • It felt great hanging out with teenagers again but the problem is that I ate like I was a youth pastor...not good:( that's all I'm going to say about that!!!
  • I loved all the smoke, lights and screens. I was imagining how our sanctuary would look if we did a little makeover:)
  • I am so pumped about next Sunday. We're taking the entire day to focus on missions.
  • I have two incredible speakers coming to share what God is doing in their life regarding missions.
  • DAGer's it's going to be an incredible worship experience! I promise you won't be disappointed.
  • Lastly, I want to give a shout out to my good friends Chris and Jessica Lewis. They are church planters with the ARC. They had their very first service today in Conyers Georgia. I'm so proud of you guys I can't wait to hear about your first service. I know ya'll are going to turn Conyers upside down!
  • If you live in or near Conyers Georgia I totally recommend their church Life Church

No comments: