Friday, July 20, 2007

all I have is $21.00 and a VISION

For the last couple of years I have been praying about planting a church. Although I was in full-time youth ministry in a great church something inside my wife and I felt out of place. Easter 2007 was our last day at our church. I resigned not knowing where we were going, no new job in place, and a baby on the way. You're probably thinking "what's wrong with this guy"? If you knew me you would know this is not in my character. I hate change especially without having a plan in place. But that's where I found myself on Easter Sunday 2007. Before I left church that day one of my students came up to me and handed me $21.00. I tried to give it back to her but she told me that she wanted to plant the first seed into our church so that her kids would have a great church to go to one day. What you don't know is that this girl is only 15. I was so humbled and honor that she saw that much potential in my wife and I. So for the last three months we have been totally trusting in the Lord to provide for every one of our needs. I could honestly say HE has been faithful through this entire transitional season of our lives.

During this season God has been expanding our faith like crazy. He given us a love and passion for the people of our community that we have never felt. He put in our hearts a huge vision that only He can accomplish. I am beginning to learn that God loves dreamers. So after praying and waiting and with $21.00 in our pocket my wife and I have decided to plant a church in our current location. Honestly I have no idea what that means or how we are going to accomplish it. All I know is if we don't do this we are going to be miserable for the rest of our lives. I also can't stop thinking about all the people that would miss their opportunity to meet Jesus. So with $21.00 and a Vision from God we are jumping into the amazing, unpredictable, crazy world of church planting.

If any church planters out there have any advice please share it with us. We would appreciate it. I can't wait to see what God does with $21.00 and a VISION!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That so ROCKS!

That $21.00 is going to do more for you than you will ever realize. It comes from a heart of faith and is more valuable in the Father's sight than thousands others will give you.

gabe trevino said...

I honestly never saw the $21.00 that way but you are completely right. I can't wait to see want He does with $21.00