Saturday, July 28, 2007

WOW...what an amazing church!

Hey everybody my wife and i just visited an amazing church tonight. We went to Mountain Lake Church in Cumming Georgia. We actually live in Cumming so it was a short drive. Anyway the worship was great, the message of great, and the people were amazing. We were extremely blessed tonight. Got to be honest...I didn't know what to expect. When I told some people that we were going to Mountain Lake tonight suddenly they felt it was important to tell me what they "heard" about Mountain Lake Church.

(If you like to critize other churches this will tick you off!) If I have one more person tell me something about "WHAT THEY HEARD" I'm going to kick them in the head. I'm not joking! Stop criticizing churches that are thinking outside the box. Especially if you have never visited the church. My God churches that think outside the box should inspire you not make you insecure. It inspires me that people exactly went to church on a Saturday afternoon. It inspires me that a team of Pastors have made church exciting, fun, and relevant. It inspires me that people would get to church early on Saturday afternoon to make sure that our visit was a great experience. So next time you want to talk trash about any church, please for the love of God, visit the church first. Even if you still don't like the church don't go run your mouth off to other people and fool yourself by calling it informative discussion. The bible calls it gossip and gossip can send you to hell. I'm glad I got that out of my system.

Anyway Pastor Shawn sermon series is called Losing My Religion. Tonight he was speaking about how traditions can become religious. He stated that traditions make us religious when we forget the why behind the what.

Growing up in the church all my life I can see how we can forget the why behind the what. Tonight's message confirmed why I believe God has called us to plant a church. I don't want people to get caught up in religious traditions of the church. Our desire is that people experience God, become like Jesus, and influence the world. When people leave our worship experiences one day I don't want them to JUST leave another service, after hearing another sermon. I want people to leave with a Christ experience not a religious experience. The reality is that religion won't change people Jesus will.

So if you are ever in Cumming Georgia on a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday morning you got to visit Mountain Lake Church you will be inspired.

No comments: