Saturday, July 21, 2007

Daddy University Lesson #1

After seven years of praying for a baby on May 30, 2007 our prayers were answered. The Lord blessed us with a healthy little boy. I never knew that a baby could change your life so much. Sure you have an idea or you think you have an idea, but when it's 4:30 in the morning and you've done everything that you know to do and the your baby still won't stop crying...those are the moments that you find out what your made of. Last night was one of those moments. As my son cried his head off last night I felt so unprepared and frustrated As I sat there looking at my son crying I felt extremely inadequate to be a daddy.

I realized that the only way that I would ever be the father that my son needs is that I would have to discover the heart of our Heavenly Father. In those seasons when life feels overwhelming, those moments when all we can do is cry, it's in those moments when God wraps us up in His arms and comforts us. So when I wrapped my son in my arms last night, feeling overwhlemed and inadequte, our Heavenly Father was doing the same thing to me. It's amazing how becoming a dad has given me a glimpse into the heart of our Abba Father.

No comments: