Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It was AWESOME!!!

On Friday night at 9:15pm we had our first Hunger & Thirst night. From what I was told we had over 30 people there. I honestly wasn't expecting that many people to show up so when people kept walking through the doors I was so jacked up (excited)! Before we started I shared a quick illustrated devotion. I stacked up a bunch of boxes around the altar area. I said that even though we know that nothing is impossible for God we usually pray prayers that "box" God in. I wanted us to pray BIG! I encouraged our folks to pray humasive (huge/massive) prayers. I told them that we were busting up the boxes we put God in and really believing that nothing is impossible for Him.

After my little devotion we went into worship. I am so proud of our worship team! We just went through some changes and everyone stepped it up to fill in some really big holes. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!

Around 10pm we went into prayer. One of my main goals for this night was to unite our people in prayer. I believe when we pray there is literally a shift in our environment/atmosphere. Satan hates when the church prayers. One, because prayer wipes away any kind of division. When you pray with someone it's hard to keep a grudge with that person so prayer doesn't leave a "foothold" for Satan. Two, prayer builds the body up. When a person or church prays and they begin to see the things that they have been praying for in faith begins to happen it BUILDS UP THEIR FAITH. Satan would love the church to stay in a constant state defeat. Praying together builds up the church and each other. Third, when the church prays together it communicates clearly that we are totally depend on God and that we are here to serve Jesus. I'm sure I don't have to explain why satan (God's enemy) hates this.

We prayed for our community, city officials, schools and NGCSU, country, our government, military, families in our community and the surrounding areas, marriages, kids, teenagers. Not only did we pray for our church but we prayed for all the churches in Dahlonega and Lumpkin County. We also prayed for physical healings. We prayed for people thinking about suicide. We prayed for financial breakthroughs. We prayed for people who were hurt by the church and for people that have given up on Jesus.

It was around midnight when the first couple of people started to leave. All thought out night people came and went at the end there were four of left at 6:30am. Got to be honest around the 4-5am mark I was struggling to stay a wake but the four of us left drink a lot of water and encouraged each other. I was so proud of our church I truly believe that the Lord is going to honor the time that we spent together praying. I can't wait to see the affects our prayers had in our church and community. We will definitely be doing another Hunger & Thirst night in the future. Eventually I would love to see a 24 hour prayer team at our church. DAGer's thank you for coming together and seeking God with me and Tami I promise you our prayers were heard and the BEST IS YET TO COME!!!

I would love to hear what you thought of that night and what God is doing in your life since that night. So PLEASE leave me a comment.

No comments: