Tuesday, July 1, 2008

WE WILL NOT BE A STATISTIC!!!

I am still lit up from Sunday's sermon. Pastor Steven preached an amazing message. It had our church listening intently from the beginning and laughing at various times. Especially the story of the crack smoking lesbian. I think some of our folks were caught off guard with the bleach blond hair but whatever it takes. :) Even the title of his message, "Lord, make us Audacious" grabbed our attention. I have watched Pastor Steven's message four times and each time I want to kick satan in the teeth and run though out the streets in Dahlonega telling and showing people the love of Jesus.

Pastor Steven if your reading this post, I personally want to say THANK YOU! Not only did your message inspired me but from the sounds of it, it reignited my church. Because of your message I have determined in my heart, mind, and spirit that WE WILL NOT BE A STATISTIC!!! For a long time people in our community either didn't know that we existed or have under estimated the potential of our church. In fact I believe a lot of our own folks have under estimated our potential. I realize that hundreds of church die every month but WE WON'T BE ONE OF THEM! We WILL make it through the thorny and slippery valley. Sunday's message reminded me to stay focus. I love what the Apostle Paul says in Galatians 1:10;

"For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ."
I think one of the main reasons churches become a statistic is because Pastors allow people to high jack the vision that God has given them. In our attempt to fulfill the vision many of us become people pleasers instead of a servants of Christ. The Apostle Paul makes it very clear that if we are people pleasers we are not servants of Christ.
A servant of Christ refuses to be a statistic! A servant of Christ refuses to be a people pleaser. A servant of Christ refuses to allow anyone high jack the vision God has given him. A servant of Christ refuses to allow the thorns and slippery valleys stop him from dominating their community.
As a servant of Christ I refuse to become a statistic on some form. As a servant of Christ I am determined to do whatever it takes to draw people to Jesus...even if it makes me feel uncomfortable. As a servant of Christ I will do whatever it takes to draw others out from underneath pomegranate trees and join the fight. I don't know if this is the definition of audacity but it sure sounds like it to me. Oh God make Dahlonega Assembly of God AUDACIOUS!

Once again, Pastor Steven thank you for listening to the Holy Spirit and sharing the Word that God put in you.

No comments: