Tuesday, July 8, 2008

OUR NEW LOGO!

I just wanted to share with ya'll our new logo. I'm pretty jacked up about our new look! I love the fresh and modern look. I took my time designing our new look. I played around with different concepts, got some feed back, played around with some more concepts, drew up a rough draft then I met up with a pro from The Logo Store. My friend from The Logo Store took what I drew and cleaned it up. The result is what you see here.

Before coming to Dahlonega Assembly I started to studying about the effects of "branding" on churches. It's really sad that there are many churches that believe that branding and marketing has no place in the church. Then complain at the same time that no one is coming to there church. Last December I attended a conference in Las Vegas at The Church of South Las Vegas and heard Phil Cooke speak about marketing/branding in the church. One of the things that he stated was that the church is the worst at marketing it's message. He also spoke about how we over complicate our logos. Churches try to stick every religious symbol into their logos and then expect people to understand what we are about by our logos. The one thing that he said that resonated with me was to KEEP IT SIMPLE. So that was our goal.

This particular look of our logo will be our new church sign outside. I also had different versions of our logo created so we could use in varies ways. Thanks Daniel for taking what I drew up and taking it to the next level. If you are looking to do some printing or need a new logo I personally recommend Daniel from The Logo Store. If you need the information let me know.

No comments: