Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sunday Mind Dump: Tuesday EDITION

  • We had an amazing service on Sunday morning!
  • There were some first time guest. One couple exactly was visiting our church because of this blog...I thought that was totally amazing and funny.
  • Our worship team continues to amaze me with their heart to serve. Seriously you guys are SO AMAZING!!! Thank you for stepping up and leading.
  • Our prayer time after worship was great. I love praying with our church!
  • After prayer I was sharing some thoughts about our Hunger & Thirst night and one of the ladies that was there on Friday night told our church that on Friday night she was late because she was having some serious pain but didn't want to miss it so she still came but some time during that night all the pain she was feeling all day was gone and has not returned since then.
  • Jesus is the MAN!
  • Started a new series about money on Sunday. I wasn't sure how our folks were going to respond to it but it seems like they were into what I was teaching.
  • I know it seems silly to be doing a message series on money in the middle of summer but I believe that our church needed (myself included) to get a grasp on what the Bible says regarding money before the Fall hits.
  • Sunday was the first time I taught with a table and stool on the stage. It felt a little weird but it was a nice change. I liked having the option of sitting down and walking around. I'm thinking about making it a permanent thing...
  • After service we had a Q & A session with our members regarding some ministries in our church. It was another opportunity for me to share the vision and purpose of our church to our people.
  • Overall I believe everybody got a more clear picture of where we are headed and why we exist.
  • I'm really getting excited about our kids ministry. We have some big plans for our kids and teenagers. DAGer's say it with me...BIG DREAMS...BIG RISK...BIG FAITH...BIGGER GOD!!!
  • I love our church!
  • Still making plans to reach North Georgia College and State University or NGCSU for short. If you live in a college town and if you are reaching you college I would love to know how you are doing it. Drop me a comment.
  • On Sunday I let our church know that we were going to adopt some foster kids in our community and invest into their lives by buying them school supplies and school clothes. We are teaming up with Family Connections of Lumpkin County to make this happen.
  • I still jacked up from our Hunger & Thirst night!
  • After church on Sunday we had lunch with one of the amazing families in our church. We had a great time hanging out with this family!
  • Overall Sunday was one encouraging day! I can't wait for tomorrow night. I get to hang out with some of the most amazing people in the world.

No comments: