Thursday, April 3, 2008

GREAT Staff Mtg. last night!

It is such a great feeling knowing you have a committed and faithful staff. Seriously these guys could have made it difficult for me and my wife but it has been an amazing transition since we have become the Senior Pastors of this amazing church. Everyone on staff has jumped on board with the mission,vision, and purpose that I know God is leading us towards.

I know that everyone brags about having the greatest staff in the world but try taking on a church that's been around for over thirty years and a staff that has been very committed for several years and then add a high energy,loud, in your face, honest Mexican in the mix and a staff that is crazy enough to follow him I think that equals the GREATEST STAFF IN THE WORLD!!! Blake, Erica, Ms. Jeannie, you guys are amazing!!! Thank you so much for trusting us and getting excited about the future. Ya'll ROCK!

Anyway our meeting was basically about the church calendar. I am so jacked up about the summer! We are planning a Extreme Church Makeover for our church in May which will lead into a new sermon series called...you guessed it, "Extreme Home Makeover: God's Edition." We got Youth camp in June and Kids Camp in July, we're also planning a community event for kids in June and I'm praying that we are able to plan a car show for Father's Day at our First Annual Dad Fest. That's just the summer, wait until the fall it's going to get CRAZY!

One thing that I have learned from my past experience is I don't want to plan an event for the sake of doing something. I'm tried of doing a lot of good events and missing opportunities to do great and effective events. I am learning LESS is MORE. So I am determined to be strategic in everything that we do at Dahlonega Assembly of God. Our goal is for people to Connect to God so that they can Become like Jesus so they can begin Influencing the World.

So in the future when people think of Dahlonega Assembly of God they'll think EFFECTIVE & STRATEGIC! DAGer's we're going straight for satan's jugular!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo excited about all this! This change is exactly what I have needed - what Dahlonega needs. Here it is 11 pm and after reading your blog I am ready to hit the streets preaching!! I am ready and willing to do my part - let me know what I can do.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.