Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Midweek Update

It's Wednesday night just wanted to update ya'll about what has been going on in our lives this week.
  • On Sunday we were officially installed as the Senior Pastors at Dahlonega Assembly of God.
  • It was so exciting seeing everyone there. We had some first-time guests, there were people from our last church there, and finally many of our new church family was there to celebrate this new season with us.
  • The really cool thing about having all those people there on Sunday morning was it gave us a preview of how our church feels when it is totally packed. DAGer's get ready it's going to happen soon then we think! Can we say 2 Sunday morning services...
  • It was great having my in-laws, brother in-law and his family, and my wife's uncle & aunt visiting from Illinois. We had a packed house but we loved it!
  • We finally dedicated our amazing little boy on Sunday. Pastor Fennell did an excellent job! It was an honor having him present our son to our new church and pray over him and presenting him to the Lord. I can't wait until my first baby dedication!
  • Pastor Brumbalow hit it out of the park on Sunday morning!!! It was an honor having he and wife show up and speak on this special day.
  • WOW...the worship time was freakin' awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The food after the service on Sunday was GREAT! Thank you to everyone who brought a dish to share...I am seriously going to have to watch how much I eat at this church.
  • Later on Sunday afternoon the family and I hit the Square in Dahlonega. Did a little shopping, checked out the gold musem, and topped it off with a old fashion root beer at the General Store.
  • Later that evening we went to Longhorn in Dawsonville...great family dinner. I LOVE RIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • On Monday morning I hung out with the family at home...my wife's uncle and aunt flew back to Illionis...it was great seeing them.
  • Went to work on Monday night. i am very grateful for my night job but it's hard being a bi-vocational Pastor. I'm praying this will change soon.
  • On Tuesday morning the rest of the family packed up and headed back up north.
  • my wife started watching a friend's baby. He and Josiah are great buddies. It's fun watching them play around on the floor. I love being a daddy!!!
  • Found out Josiah is cutting more teeth. So he's been a little crabby laterly.
  • Met up with a ministry friend this morning for Breakfast at IHOP. It was great catching up. Afterwards he wanted to see our church so we drove up to the church and I gave him the grand tour.
  • He gave me a lot of "first impression" items to consider. It's great getting feed back from people who want us to reach our potential.
  • Had a great prayer time today!
  • Had lunch at a great restaurant in Dahlonega on the Square called the Crimson Moon. If you're ever in Dahlonega you got to try it!
  • Met with some contractor at the church today. Just getting some estimates on some future projects. I love dreaming!!!
  • We had a great Wednesday night service tonight.
  • A lot of kids and teenagers around tonight...I'm loving it!
  • Started a Wednesday night series on being a Servant-Leaders. More on this later.
  • Our kids Pastor, Erica, updated our bulletin boards...she did a fantastic job! Thanks ERICA you rock!

So now you got the midweek update. Sunday is right around the corner I can't wait for Sunday morning. We're continuing our series called "building onto the Legacy". You don't want to miss it!

No comments: