Thursday, April 17, 2008

last night was amazing!

So far this week has been a little intense until yesterday. First of all, after my Youth Pastor and I met for a while I told him that we had so much to get done that we NEEDED to spend some time with Jesus first. So we went into the sanctuary turned up the music and spent some much needed time with the Lord. It was AWESOME! Later that evening after our worship time I felt led to play a song that reminded us that freedom reigns in the presence of God. At first I didn't want to play it because we had a great worship time but I knew if I didn't we would miss an opportunity for the Holy Spirit to minister to us. The result was amazing! The second the song came on people immediately went to the altar. I don't know where you go to church or who your Pastor is but this Pastor and church still believes in ATLAR moments. I believe that we can still be ALTER at the ATLAR. It's really hard to explain a moment like this but it was very clear that our people needed more of God than of me and I am totally fine with that.

After spending a little more time in worship we broke up into our groups. Oh...in the middle of the song playing I notice a visiting family come in and sit in the back. After worship we broke into our groups I had a chance to met them and found out that they were from Minnesota! It was great meeting and speaking with folks from back home. Later we found out that my wife student taught at their church's Christian School several years ago. After our quick introduction I went into a teaching series I started two weeks ago about Servant-Leadership.

I believe that as we move forward as a church one of the things that we MUST do better in is SERVING. Serving our church, serving our families, serving our spouses, serving our community, serving each other and of course serving God. Every one of us has the ability to serve but the question is HOW IS OUR ATTITUDE WHEN WE SERVE. A couple of years ago I picked up this book written by Chuck Swindoll called Improving Your Serve. If your a Pastor you got to pick this book up, it will make you reevaluate what SERVING is all about. Because of this teaching series I have been able to share my heart about serving and how I desire to see our church become known for serving our community.

You see I am tried of hearing churches say they want to serve the community and never do. Or what about the churches that do serve their community and expect "a big pat on the back" from the community but when they don't get it they boycott their community. So if you are one of those Pastors who gets their feelings hurt every time you serve your community and no one says thank you...GET OVER IT!!! God called you to serve HIM with all your heart, soul, and mind regardless if you get a "thank you" or not for the people around you.

After our service I had my first Board Meeting. It was amazing! I am so bless to have a group of people that want the best for our church. It was suppose to be a 1 hour meeting but it ended up being a 2 hour meeting. It was so much fun sharing my heart and dreaming about the future with this amazing group of men and women.

So as you can tell it was one amazing night. I can't wait to see what God is going to do with Dahlonega Assembly of God. Whatever it is I believe we're up for the ride!!!

No comments: