Saturday, April 19, 2008

I really want to...

I just read this great blog from Steven Furtick about "bringing our best every time." I can honesty say that this has been hard for me in the last couple of weeks. Just so you know the next couple of sentences are going to sound very whining...so either deal with it, go read another blog, or help a brother out with some helpful & useful advice.

Like I was saying, it's not that I don't want to bring my best...it's that I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the current things pulling for my attention and all the new opportunities in my life right now. For instances:


  • Maintaining a healthy and thriving marriage through all of these changes.


  • Becoming a dad for the first time.


  • Becoming a Senior Pastor for the first time.


  • Currently working a night job.

This may not seem like a long and overwhelming list but each of these main points have a ton of sub points. Which is probably why I sound whinny right now. Now if you're from my church don't get nervous I'm not going anywhere. I know that I'm suppose to be at Dahlonega Assembly of God! I know that God is going to use US (YOU & ME) to change lives in Dahlonega and all of North Georgia. There is no doubt in my mind that this is going to happen, it's just a matter of time. But I believe that it's important for you to know that I'm human. It's important for you to know that I got issues just like you. It's important for you to know that there are moments that I would like cheese with my whine.:)

But as I look towards the future I am overwhelmed that God has decided to use our church for such a time as this. I have a saying "if you dreams don't scare you you're not dreaming big enough yet." Let me tell you, my DREAMS are FREAKIN' ME OUT. Since I'm having these audacious dreams I REALLY WANT TO bring my best EVERY TIME! I really want to bring my best in my marriage, in my family, at my night job, at church, in Dahlonega, in every area of my life.

I'm learning that in order for me to bring my best every time, I'm realizing that more of me needs to get out of the way. When my life become less about me and more about Jesus that's when I will know I have given it my BEST. I'm learning life is a journey not a sprint.

No comments: