Monday, April 14, 2008

ONE!

I was going to put this in my Monday Mind Dump but this deserves its own post. Yesterday we had an amazing service! We had a bunch of teenagers there which lite me up. Along with our regular attenders we also had some second time guests which was exciting. Also throughout the week several people let us know that they weren't going to be able to make it Sunday. Every one of them really disappointed because they're realizing how important Sunday's are in their lives now. It's exciting to see people get excited about Jesus! Even though we still have a lot to work to do you can feel the momentum building up in the atmosphere.

It was the second week of my 4 week series "Building onto the Legacy". I spoke about "Following the Blueprints." In Matthew 22:34-40 Jesus gave us a simple blueprint to follow...Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind and Love your neighbor as yourself. Simple. Since I am using construction terms I illustrated this point by taking two 4x4 pressure treated timbers and spray painted "Love the Lord" on one and "Love your neighbor" on the other. I explained that as we BUILD ONTO OUR LEGACY at our church and in our lives and as we FOLLOW THE BLUEPRINTS (Matthew 22:34-40), we are establishing God's Word as support beams in our Legacies. Just like 4x4 timbers were created to hold under pressure, survivor climate changes, and provide faithful support that's what's going to happen when we begin to FOLLOW THE BLUEPRINTS that Jesus gave us in Matthew 22:34-40...Love the Lord and Love your Neighbor. It was an amazing service! I love teaching God's Word but the best part of the whole service was at the end.

Right before we ended the service, I gave everyone an opportunity to start a relationship with Jesus. Let's be honest, if your a Pastor I'm sure that you will agree with me, this is probably the most uneasy moment throughout the entire service. Not because we want people to respond to our "excellent communication skills" but because we know there are individuals who need to respond and might not. But on Sunday morning April 13th we had ONE person responded and entered into a relationship with Jesus!!!!!!! Not 1000, not 100, not even 10.....ONE! I am so JACKED UP about this ONE person! The Bible tells me that when ONE person enters into a relationship with Jesus ALL of heaven brakes out in a party!!! So if heaven brakes out in a party for just ONE person then we better party like crazy here on Earth!

This Sunday was just a snap shot of what's to come. DAGer's I am so excited about our future! If WE team up and wrap our arms around the Mission and Vision I believe that God has given our church it will blow our minds what God could do with our "temporary" small church in the mountains of Dahlonega Georgia.

REMEMBER...do the 21/21 challenge! It will change your LIFE!!!

No comments: