Friday, June 27, 2008

Camp was Amazing!

Well I didn't make it for lunch but I did make it for dinner! Chicken tenders, white rice, black eye beans, a salad, peach cobbler with ice cream and of course a huge cup of sweet tea. That's totally weird that I can remember the entire menu...but that's goes to show you how great the food is at camp. Anyway, it was great seeing our teenagers having a good time. At dinner one of our teenagers looked at me and asked me if we had church tonight in Dahlonega. I told her that we did. She looked at me a little confused and asked me why I wasn't at church. I told her that I was there to spend the afternoon and evening with them. She said it was awesome that I would skip church for them.

I was reminded at that moment that this generation of teenagers is looking for someone or for that matter anyone to be interested in them. Someone to listen, someone to pray with them, someone to give healthy and godly advise, someone to drop everything for the day and just to be there with them. It's amazing how spending some time people gives you access to their heart. I know that we're all busy (Pastors), I could have spent the day working at the church, which is important since I am part time at this point. But it was more important for me to INVEST time into my Youth Pastor and our teenagers that day. I'm learning everyday that I must prioritize PEOPLE (SOULS) over paperwork. WHAT ARE YOU PRIORITIZING TODAY? Just a thought.

Anyway, like I said dinner was good but oh my gosh the service was amazing! Worship was awesome! There is nothing like worshipping with over 200 teenagers. After worship the Senior Pastor, John Wood, of Christ Chapel @ Sportstowne in Macon Georgia shared a great message. He spoke about "God's Call" in your life. He spoke about the experience the Apostle Paul had when Jesus called him into the ministry.

The best part of the night was definitely the altar time. It was such a privilege praying with our teens. What added to the experience was being surrounded with over 200 teenagers seeking and responding to God's call on their lives. WOW! I can't wait to see how our church is changed and challeneged by this week's Youth Camp. I'll let ya'll know.

No comments: