Thursday, June 19, 2008

Midweek Update: Thursday EDITION

Here are a few highlights from my crazy week and some other stuff:
  • It's been great having my mom, nephew, and niece visiting this week. I am really missing my dad. He couldn't make it this trip but I'm praying he can make it for Christmas.
  • My wife and I took the family to explore the wonders of Dahlonega Georgia yesterday. We had a blast!
  • We took them to the Chestatee Wildlife Preserve and to the Consolidated Gold Mine.
  • My son is cutting so many teeth right now which of course produces a never ending flow of drool. PRICELESS!
  • Wednesday night service was amazing!
  • Teaching through Chuck Swindoll's book "Improving your Serve". If you want to grow in your serving you have got to read this book!

Finally I was so proud of our worship team on Wednesday night. At 7pm everyone comes together into the sanctuary for what I call "FIRST DOSE". This is where we sing a couple of worship songs, pray together as a church and pick up our offering and then we break up and go to our ministry areas.

Yesterday my worship leader called me to let me know he wasn't going to make it. So I had to get with my Youth Pastor and several of the teenagers who are learning and developing their musical talents and practiced for 45 minutes. I was really impress with their skills. But when the service started everything hit the fan. Everything was off beat from the first note. I started to freak out a little bit honesty, I started to get embass for them and mad at myself for setting them up to fail but then I turned around and saw the determination and passion in each of them which totally inspired me.

The Lord reminded me that when we are totally determined and passionate about serving Him no matter how off beat our "serving" sounds to us, it will always sound like a master piece to Him.

Pastor Blake and worship team thank you for your determination and passion for serving. You guys are amazing! thank you for letting God use ya'll to speak into my life.

No comments: