Tuesday, June 17, 2008

i LOVE my new Bible

I have been thinking about getting a new teaching Bible for a while. I actually have many different version of the Bible in my personal library for study purposes. I currently use a thin line personal NIV Bible for teaching on Sundays. Although it's been a great version I have been looking for a version that is a word for word translation. But like ya'll know other than the KJV there aren't many out there until now! Thanks to Jonathan Herron I discovered the English Standard Version Bible.
Oh my gosh...I love this Bible version! There's finally a Bible that is word for word that you can understand when you read it. So after checking out the website and researching this version I bought my ESV Bible this afternoon. I can't wait to devour it and mark it up. The pic of the ESV Bible on the side is actually the style I bought today. I'm also thinking about buying a box of ESV pew Bibles for our church. Here are some of the folks that are endorsing ESV Bible, Dr. R. C. Sproul, John Piper, Joni Eareckson Tada, James MacDonald, Max Lucado, Dr. Ravi Zacharias, Dr. Robert S. Ricker, John Lindell, Mark Driscoll, and of course Jonathan Herron. Having a list of endorsements like this you got to at less check out the ESV website. I promise you that you will fall in love with this version! Let me know what you think about the ESV Bible.

No comments: