Friday, June 6, 2008

Worship Pastor WANTED for hazardous journey.

Since I started blogging I have never used this outlet to ask for help. I usually share what's on my heart or what God is doing in my world, but tonight I need help. A while back my worship leader came to me and told me that due to his job his last Sunday with us will be July 6th. Got to be honest...the news freaked me out a little bit. I don't have to tell you how important worship is to a church. Worship sets the temperature in the environment so that people can be changed by God's word. Worship prepares our hearts to be transformed for the inside out. Worship in the church prepares us for worshipping in heaven. So in other words worship is HUGE!

So as the Senior Pastor of Dahlonega Assembly this has been on my mind and weighing on my heart because I so desperately want our church to be able to have worship experiences that will always help people CONNECT TO GOD.

Awhile back I was studying for a sermon on PURPOSE and I found this amazing illustration.

"The following ad once appeared in a London newspaper: "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful." The ad was signed by Sir Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic explorer. Amazingly, the ad drew thousands of respondents, eager to sacrifice everything for the prospect of meaningful adventure."

As I was thinking and praying about the kind of person we need for our team I thought to myself I want the kind of person who can get excited and see purpose in an AD like this.

So this would be my version of a Sir Ernest Shackleton inspiring ad;

"Worship Pastor wanted for hazardous and faith filled journey. Small or no wages in the beginning, potential to be criticized and misunderstood, constantly discovering how to work with little or no resources, guaranteed impact on a church and community."

I realize that is probably the worst way to market an open position in a church. The reality is serving in a church is hard work. It gets messy, it gets personal and it gets crazy. The thing is if you are CALLED to pastor people it doesn't matter how impossible the journey may look. I don't know about you but when the odds are stacked against me that's when I thrive. It's in those moments that I experience another level of God's amazing faithfulness. It's in these moments that I realized that God has instilled in me the ability to see the potential in people and the possibilities in the journey.

So if my "inspiring" ad turned your crank and if you have been called to pastor people while leading them into God's presence through worship I would love to talk with you. Drop me a message or email me at pastorgabe@hotmail.com. I can promise you this, you will have a Senior Pastor and a team of passionate, driven, determined people who will lock arms with you as we help people connect to God, so that they can become like Jesus, so that we can influence Dahlonega Georgia, all of North Georgia and the world.

No comments: